tamed turtle familiar tracking

Okay, so turtle familiars (syncopated turtle, grinning turtle, & sleeping wereturtle) can only be tamed 1-3 times per accension.

Is there a way to check or keep track of how many turtle familiars one has tamed in the current accension without having to rely on the item_amount which obviously won't always be correct?

Catch-22

Okay, so turtle familiars (syncopated turtle, grinning turtle, & sleeping wereturtle) can only be tamed 1-3 times per accension.

Is there a way to check or keep track of how many turtle familiars one has tamed in the current accension without having to rely on the item_amount which obviously won't always be correct?

Hmm.. Not sure. I don't think there is an easy or reliable way to do this. You might be able to write an adventuring script that uses set_property, but you'd have to clear that per ascension or add some detection in there to tell if you have ascended.

Another completely unreliable method would be to sum up all your turtles and MOD 3 that figure, the remainder would be how many turtles you've found that run but only if you've found 3 turtles per ascension in all past runs and haven't sold or given any of them away. So that's kinda pointless...

Your best bet is probably to just closet/mall whatever turtles you have acquired in past ascensions and go by the figure that's in your inventory for the current ascension. It's about as reliable as I think you're going to get, unless I have totally missed something.