SVN Status and Pointers

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
This may be premature to ask now but...

For script writers:

Is there a page with the best practices and gotchas in setting up a repository that is easy to manage and plays nicely with KoLmafia SVN?
(It can be specific to SourceForge and still help me since I already have an account. I will want to support multiple independent scripts and possibly some dependencies and I recall Bale found some ways of doing that are better than others. I also know there is an informative post from roippi that tries to capture some of this).

Do I, as a writer have to do anything to 'declare' a dependency, if I am lucky and the dependency is also using SVN?

For users:

Quick summary of the commands? I'm currently interested in the equivalent of Delete since I grabbed the wrong relay script.

For the community:

I know this is tied up in the svn.txt discussion, but is there a master list somewhere of scripts that are now SVN supported? I am not interested in this as a catalog of what might be available as much as a checklist so I can clean out my scripts directory and get a sense of which ones already use SVN so I can add them to the "local" list, which ones don't.

I'm basically a non-early adopter and it seems like time to convert anything I am sharing to SVN.

I'm also lazy in that I will post a question if I don't find an answer after a couple of searches even if the answer is already out there and I could have searched some more :)

Thanks.

roippi

Developer
Is there a page with the best practices and gotchas in setting up a repository that is easy to manage and plays nicely with KoLmafia SVN?
(It can be specific to SourceForge and still help me since I already have an account. I will want to support multiple independent scripts and possibly some dependencies and I recall Bale found some ways of doing that are better than others. I also know there is an informative post from roippi that tries to capture some of this).

You are free to have projects be subfolders in one big repo that houses everything. The only 'gotcha' is that revision is a repo-wide property; this implies that if you commit something to one project, all of the other projects will have their revision bumped up but no files will actually be changed within them.

It's basically cosmetic, but if this bothers you, you can get around it by doing what bale did and use sourceforge subprojects. You'd have to ask him how to set it up, I'm not sure myself.

Do I, as a writer have to do anything to 'declare' a dependency, if I am lucky and the dependency is also using SVN?

Put their URLs in dependencies.txt

Quick summary of the commands?

Code:
> help svn

svn checkout svnurl | update [svnurl] | list | delete project | sync - install/update/manage svn projects.

Winterbay

You can also house multiple projects as subprojects in the same project (see mine and bale's for how it looks). Useful for ease of looking at things in sourceforge I found (get all scripts at the top rather than having to click through folders)

Bale

Minion
(It can be specific to SourceForge and still help me since I already have an account. I will want to support multiple independent scripts and possibly some dependencies and I recall Bale found some ways of doing that are better than others.

It is possible to create a single project and then add your scripts as subprojects using Admin -> Tools -> Click to install: Subproject. Then for each subproject you'll have to go to Admin -> Tools -> Click to install: SVN so that you can have an independant code repository for each project.

Example of what a project with subprojects looks like: https://sourceforge.net/projects/bale/. I've got my OCD, AdventureAdvisor, New Life and a bunch of relay scripts all on the same project page. It makes organization a little saner for me.

I know this is tied up in the svn.txt discussion, but is there a master list somewhere of scripts that are now SVN supported? I am not interested in this as a catalog of what might be available as much as a checklist so I can clean out my scripts directory and get a sense of which ones already use SVN so I can add them to the "local" list, which ones don't.

Not yet. This will eventually be integrated into KoLmafia's SVN pane. In the meantime, it might be nice to have a thread for this.