Bug - Not A Bug SVN not updating all files

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I took an empty directory and put the latest jar file in it. I started it up, but did not log in. I opened the GCLI so I could watch things. I opened the Script menu and installed Currencies. It installed what I expected. I then edited dist\svn\kolmafiascripts-currencies\data\CUR_aux.txt. I verified with TortoiseSVN that SVN "knew" about the repository and that the file differed from the repository. I then Updated Currencies from the Script menu.

What I expected was to see the changed/edited version of CUR_aux.txt in dist\data

What happened was that the file was not changed and dist\svn\kolmafiascripts-currencies\data\CUR_aux.txt and dist\data\CUR_aux.txt were different.

I haven't investigated but I wonder if some of the recent work concerning what got updated didn't account for configuration managed files in data (as well as scripts and relay etc.)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
When I went and looked for specifics some are over a year old so maybe recent was a bad word.

But there was also work in August 2022 and October 2022 dealing with dependencies and some of the use git changes date to July 2022 or later.

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
Do you have "Sync after SVN update" enabled? If not, the files won't be synced.

If you run "svn sync", are the files updated?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Do you have "Sync after SVN update" enabled? If not, the files won't be synced.

If you run "svn sync", are the files updated?
Yes on my normal install where I first noticed it.

No on my "how to reproduce" above since the default is false but I will rerun momentarily.

And my test setup now works when I set syncAfterSvnUpdate so I will make this as not a bug until I find another way to reproduce.