Bug - Fixed Spurious pull error message

sfwarlock

I'm getting a false error message pulling from the gCLI, daily build 12460:

Code:
> inv inhal

> pull icy inhaler

You only have 0 Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler in storage (you wanted 1)
Pulling items from storage...
12 pulls remaining,0 budgeted for automatic use.

> inv inhal

Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler

> use icy inhal

Using 1 Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler...
You acquire an effect: Sinuses For Miles (duration: 10 Adventures)
Finished using 1 Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler.

Edit:
This was not happening yesterday with 12458. I did refresh the session. I did not log out/back in. This is purely cosmetic except that it couldn't automate the gates/tower for me (because it thought the pulls failed).

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
When you view the Storage section before trying to pull this, does it show up there? Does it happen with any other items? You haven't provided enough information for anyone to bother looking into it.

sfwarlock

This is happening almost every pull. Sorry for not making that clearer.

Ahha. No equipment is showing up in storage. At all.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My guess is that you have KoL set to filter it to "things I can use". Short of changing that setting on you, mafia has no way of seeing items you can't use.

That doesn't explain the inhaler though. Maybe something about the use of custom tabs?

sfwarlock

My guess is that you have KoL set to filter it to "things I can use". Short of changing that setting on you, mafia has no way of seeing items you can't use.

That doesn't explain the inhaler though. Maybe something about the use of custom tabs?

I'll check that, but I'm in BIG! Very little should be unusable. EDIT: And I don't use custom tabs.

Edit #2: Somehow Hangk's got set on the equipment tab to "show free pulls", but that doesn't explain either a) the inhaler nor b) why I didn't see my hobo code binder in the storage list. (Also, I have no idea how, because I don't go to Hangk's in the relay browser except to "pull all" after prism-break.)

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'd appreciate it if you could look at this again. We now get storage via api.php, so any filtering options in effect when looking at storage via the native interface should be irrelevant.

(Since the hobo code binder is a free pull, it is completely expected that you didn't see it in your storage list. It will be in your free pull list.)

(I'm actually not sanguine that there will be any response to this request; I have quite a few "Waiting for Response" bug reports that I will be closing soon, since the requested response from the OP never came in. You have one week; confirm that the bug either still exists or no longer exists, or I will mark this "Not a Bug" and move on.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Marking Not A Bug, since filtering no longer affects our ability to see what is in storage.
Or, perhaps, simply Fixed.