Bug Spring Loaded Bumper tracking broken when used as freerun on unbanishable monster

Tokoeka

using r26841

My script is currently breaking trying to use spring loaded bumper at the moment. Currently the only way of tracking Spring loaded bumper being used is the banishedMonsters preference. Having looked through my log, it appears garbo used spring loaded bumper as a free run against a monster in pirates of the garbage barges. These monsters are unbanishable and it appears mafia does not update the banishedMonsters preference when a banish is used on one of them (see snippet of log below). This feels correct behaviour in so far as the banishedMonsters preference, but does not actually fit how spring loaded bumper works unfortunately.

Code:
[99] Uncle Gator's Country Fun-Time Liquid Waste Sluice
Preference lastEncounter changed from Gator Done to Skeezy the Jug Rat
Encounter: Skeezy the Jug Rat
Round 0: asmodais wins initiative!
Preference cosmicBowlingBallReturnCombats changed from 3 to 2
Round 1: You lose 6 hit points
Round 1: Sir Berkus CX drops onto your foe's head like a big gloopy helmet, and sucks out some of their life essences. This naturally makes them a little weak, physically speaking.
> Using adventure value 12500.
> if hasskill Extract Jelly;skill Extract Jelly;endif;if hasskill 7288;skill 7288;endif;skill Snokebomb
Round 1: asmodais executes a macro!
Round 1: asmodais casts EXTRACT JELLY!
Round 2: Sir Berkus CX latches onto your foe's butt, and starts draining it of... well not what you might be thinking. It's more like butt energy? It turns out butt energy smells bad, and so does the glob of stench jelly that Sir Berkus CX squirts into your hand when it's done.
You acquire an item: stench jelly
Preference _spaceJellyfishDrops changed from 0 to 1
You gain 49 Meat.
Round 2: asmodais casts ASDON MARTIN: SPRING-LOADED FRONT BUMPER!
You lose 49 Meat.
Preference sweat changed from 25 to 27
Preference lastCopyableMonster changed from lava lamprey to Skeezy the Jug Rat
This combat did not cost a turn
Preference _lastCombatWon changed from true to false
Preference familiarSweat changed from 124 to 125
Preference scrapbookCharges changed from 3 to 5

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Yeah we have no issue with banish tracking but we have an issue with "can I cast this skill" checking

I know there were some proposals a while ago to have a `lastAsdonBumperTurn` pref (I think people had a better name than that). Is that the best solution for this, or does someone have a better idea?

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
That sort of thing is the right idea yes