Bug - Fixed Semirare check wrong when creating sauceror potions with Inigo

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm a Sauceror.
I have 2 glasses of goats milk, which can turn into 6 milks of magnesium using 2 turns of fancy cooking
I have 10 turns of Inigo's, which will negate those two turns.

Casting Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration (duration: 10 Adventures)
Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration was successfully cast.
Verifying ingredients...
Verifying ingredients for milk of magnesium (6)...
Creating milk of magnesium (6)...
Fortune Cookie counter will expire after 3 more turns. Last semirare found 164 turns ago (on turn 80) in Cobb's Knob Harem
Verifying ingredients...
Verifying ingredients for milk of magnesium (1)...
Creating milk of magnesium (1)...
You acquire milk of magnesium (3)
You lose some of an effect: Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration
Successfully created milk of magnesium (3)
Verifying ingredients...
Verifying ingredients for milk of magnesium (1)...
Creating milk of magnesium (1)...
You acquire milk of magnesium (3)
You lose an effect: Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration
Successfully created milk of magnesium (3)
The funny thing here is I had 0 turns available. KoLmafia knew that I could create 6 sauceror potions with the 10 turns of Inigo's, but it warned me that a semirare is coming in 3 turns, as if it was going to take me 6 turns.

It did let me do it 3 milks (each taking 1 cook) at a time, none of which, of course, consumed a turn.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Bump to remind myself to look at this when I am a Sauceress again in a week or so...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The issue is in TurnCounter.getTurnsUsed(), which looks at a URL and decides how many turns will be taken to execute it. It is craft.php?mode=cook, which is assumed to take 1 turn per creation unless you have a chef.

- Non-fancy creations take 0 turns, chef or not.
- sauceror creations are fancy, but you get 3 per turn if you are a sauceror.

I notice that mode=smith is also assumed to take 1 turn per creation, regardless of whether you have access to Innabox or it is advanced smithing.

I also note that it looks for quantity of creation using "quantity", not "qty".

This will take a fair amount of work - and more investigation.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 12810 goes most of the way for this: CreateItemRequest.getAdventuresUsed will actually look at the URL to decide what is being made, and, depending on the mixing method, takes presence or absence of box servants, Innabox, and Inigo's into account to decide that.

It does not do anything with the Sauceror's 3 times yield on reagent potions, yet, so this bug report is not fixed. It will just be a lot easier to fix, once I am a Sauceror again and can test things.