Feature - Implemented Request: refactor build.xml to support IntelliJ IDEA (please review)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When I downloaded it from the forum post, I got a 4K idea,zip file.

Code:
M Filemode      Length  Date         Time      File
- ----------  --------  -----------  --------  ------------------------------------
  drwxr-xr-x         0  11-Oct-2020  17:59:04  .idea/
  drwxr-xr-x         0  11-Oct-2020  16:35:08  .idea/codeStyles/
  -rw-r--r--      3489  11-Oct-2020  16:35:08  .idea/codeStyles/Project.xml
  -rw-r--r--       142  11-Oct-2020  16:35:08  .idea/codeStyles/codeStyleConfig.xml
  -rw-r--r--       179  11-Oct-2020  00:32:24  .idea/ant.xml
  -rw-r--r--       167  11-Oct-2020  00:28:34  .idea/vcs.xml
  -rw-r--r--      5907  11-Oct-2020  17:59:04  .idea/workspace.xml
  -rw-r--r--       256  11-Oct-2020  00:28:34  .idea/modules.xml
  -rw-r--r--       260  11-Oct-2020  00:28:34  .idea/misc.xml
- ----------  --------  -----------  --------  ------------------------------------
                 10400                         9 files

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
There's a codeStyles export/import that basically saves the Project.xml file from your zip. We can put that in the wiki for people who want it and they can import it. Much less fraught with danger.

There's also an Export to EditorConfig format, so we can create a consistent editor config for NetBeans, IJ, VS Code, etc...

I changed the properties file style to Align properties in column and Insert space around key-value delimiter, so I could play with it. That worked nicely when I chose Clean up from the project file browser.

I also let it clean up everything and had to revert my working copy and reapply my patch. I was not surprised. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's a nice item to only clean up items match SVN diff, so we only change style intentionally.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
One tweak:

In the KoLmafia build configuration:

Run Ant target 'set.released.false'
Run Ant target 'set.version'
Build
Run Ant target 'unset.properties'

That last line was not in your instructions. But, if you don't have it, it leaves KoLConstants.java modified and looking like it needs to be committed.
We do not want to commit it like that.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
you are correct, and it's what's in my run/debug. I'll make sure it's in the wiki. The ant build does it right, just needs to be in the instructions.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Is there a current Wiki Admin? I'm getting an error uploading images. St Doodle seems to have been inactive since 2016.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Is there a current Wiki Admin? I'm getting an error uploading images. St Doodle seems to have been inactive since 2016.

try fewyn who owns and administers kolmafia.us

I seem to recall similar issues in the past that were just a configuration tweak that got missed because an upgrade reset everything to the defaults.