Regarding choice advs...

Aloc

Hey ! My first post on this forum :D

First of all I would like to say that the resources and scripts available to learning ash scripting are awesome. I know nothing about scripting, and by reading guides, other scripts and forum posts I've been able to do a few simple scripts.

Well, anyways, there are two particular things I couldn't find anywhere:

1) How to use a script line to change a "Choice adv" for a particular area.

2) To click "buttons" such as the one in gourd tower I need to add "&action=[valueofthebutton]", however, I really don't understand how I am supposed to find said value, someone in an older thread said to "Look at the form action"(http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?1893-AshRef-functions&highlight=gourd), and apparently the guy who posted understood what he meant, I have no idea how to look at form action, though.

Thanks in advance!

Theraze

To see the click buttons, use the mini-browser instead of the relay browser. Or, look carefully through the source on the page when it's open, but the mini-browser is WAY easier. Just click your button, and you'll see the url it used to get there.

The changing of a choice adventure is just setting the preference "choiceAdventureXX=Y" where XX is the number and Y is the option you want it to do. 0 always means "Show in browser" and usually the order of the other options fits with what's listed in regular KoL, but sometimes we (mafia) add a few more choices, so you'll want to verify your changes after. Changes made using CLI or ASH scripts don't update the visible choices (unless that's been added recently), so you'll just want to make your changes, log out, log in, and validate they're all fine the first time. Once you've got them sorted, you won't need to do this every time, it's just for troubleshooting. :)

Aloc

Wow, thanks a lot! The "ChoiceAdventureXX=Y" works perfectly, and about the browser, thanks to you I noticed that I was being extremely stupid, I thought that mini-browser = relay browser, anyways, now I got it, thanks again!