Bug - Fixed Recognize B Item failure messages in Beecore

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Edit by Minion, Bale: This post was originally written in another thread, HERE. It was a very long post so only the relevant portion of the original post is retained in this thread's copy.

But, as I said, this thread is cumbersome, and I'd prefer if each such issue got split into its own thread. Perhaps some Minion would be interested in doing that? ;)

2) If you DO try to use a "b" item or familiar - in Item Manager, via CLI, via ASH, or in the Relay Browser - KoL will reject it. I am not convinced that KoLmafia recognizes all such messages - the familiar failure, in particular, since there didn't used to be a way to fail using one. If we fail to recognize the failure, we update our data model incorrectly. That would be a Bug. This is important.

Drinks: You are too scared of Bs to drink that item.
Food: You are too scared of Bs to consume that item.
Usable items (including potions and combat items usable form inventory): You are too scared of Bs to use that item. It'd be one thing if it was, like, important that you use it...
Familiars: You are too afraid of the Bs to adventure with that familiar.
Combat items: ???

Last edited by a moderator:

slyz

Developer
Do you mean that, when you try to take a familiar out of the terrarium from the relay browser, Mafia thinks you have the familiar with you even if you get the bee error message?

Winterbay

Since this reply from the original thread didn't pass over I'll repost it since it was one of the things missing in the original question:

"You are too scared of Bs to use that item."
No matter if use 2 b-items, 1 b-item and another item or another item and a b-item (the first one does not get used either)

Doucy

Harold's Bell counter starts with item failure in Bees' Hate You

KoLmafia v14.6 build 9494

When adventuring using relay browser the Harold's Bell counter starts even though the use of the bell fails in BHY.

This happened with funkslinging it with another item, or single using (character still has funkslinging though)

Bale

Minion
Wow. You're almost ready to make a new point release!

I have my fingers crossed that CDM will give a positive response about reducing server hits before you're 100% ready for the release. Unfortunately with KoLmafia's release record CDM will make those api.php and closet changes a day after the new point release. :(

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, Gemelli (as the dev team member responding to my Bug Report) said:

Good requests! I'll add this to CDM's radar -- which is currently busy as heck, but I'll try to raise the visibility in chat as well. Thanks!
The api.php changes would not break KoLmafia, but the closet change probably would.

I'm willing to make a NEW point release just to get the server hit reductions, whenever those come in, even if it IS the day after. :)

Something to keep in mind is that we're about a week out from a new IOTM. One can only hope that it's not as complicated as the current one, and I can just add support for it in a day or two - and THEN spin the release.

Bale

Minion
Good points.

I'd failed to release that we were coming up on a new IotM since I'm still getting used to the last one. Lord knows the new IotM is unlikely to be as complicated as the last one. The last was a monster, even by the standards of June. A new point release just after the IotM release would be rather pleasant.

PS. I really like Gemelli. He has helped me out in the past. I'm sure he'll poke CDM to take care of this.