Bug - Not A Bug r27822 Unwanted password dialog box pops up with Chrome + KoLmafia

SalMonella

This annoying "Suggest Strong Password" popup appears while using recently-updated Chrome and the latest mafia snapshot when I click "use multiple". It has been doing this for several days, however. This popup can be dismissed by clicking outside of it, but usually Chrome eventually pops up the full password-saving dialog box. Doesn't happen on plain vanilla KoL. Have not tried with other browsers yet. This is on a Mac running OS Sonoma 14.3.1.

Attachments

• suggest_password.png
    suggest_password.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 1

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
It looks like it's all over the google forums and assorted product forums. People are advising to turn it off on per-site basis, but I can't find instructions or steps to do that.

It looks like it's a chrome issue, but if you can find a difference in the HTML between vanilla where it's not happening and the HTML we insert, we could look into it.

SalMonella

About all I've found to do is to turn off "Offer to save passwords," which affects *all* pages. If that's what you want to do, the nav path is:
Passwords and Autofill / Google Password Manager / (hamburger icon at upper left) / Settings / Offer to save passwords

mister19stick

it also happens on some pages which have a form on them. e.g. search the mall. the "save password for this site" dialog drops down from the menu. "use firefox" is a workaround, yes.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Closing with "Not a bug" since it was apparently a Chrome bug. Either way, it's unlikely we can do anything about it on Mafia's end if it comes back.