Quick way to view someone's store?

Is there a fast way to view a particular person's store in mafia, beyond doing a /whois on them, clicking on their name, then clicking on their store name in the profile?

I also frequently do a mall search via mafia and wish to examine a store returned by the search. Searching via mafia doesn't seem to give you the name of the player who owns a store that comes up in search, so the only way I currently know how to do this is to open the relay browser, search again through the normal interface, and then discover the player name associated with that store name.

There must be a more efficient way to do this that I am missing, right?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
This isn't a useful mall function and I'm pretty sure that no mall bot could possibly abuse this. Mafia just doesn't add the functionality because it has no practical use.

Well, I'm certainly not trying to build a mall bot. I just frequently find myself wanting to right click on a store name to be able to pop up a mini-browser window with that store's contents to see what else that store is selling.

I also am curious as to why you can right-click an item in the "session results" view and autosell it, but not mallsell it. Or why autosell from session results automatically assumes that I want to sell the maximum amount of that item. I've definitely lost some useful items in HC that way.

bumcheekcity

I must admit, it would be nice in the "Purchases" tab of Mafia, to right-click and be able to visit the store (perhaps in the Relay Browser, perhaps not), and to see the owner of the store, and view his/her profile, etc.

But hardly top of the priority list, I suppose. Mallsell, mallsell quantity, autosell quantity and use quantity should be, I think, medium priorities for the "Session Results" bit.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Why do you care who the seller is? I only care about the price. The cheapest price gets my business.

Why do you care who the seller is? I only care about the price. The cheapest price gets my business.

It's not so much a question of "who is the seller?" as it is "how can I see what else is in this particular store that came up in search results?"

I think there are three main situations when I find this useful:
1) The new IoTM and clan dungeon have opened up a lot of new arbitrage opportunities and mall strategies. You can often glean very useful information about someone's trading strategy by seeing what else they are trying to sell in their shop
2) When I'm shopping for a rare item, I'm often curious to see what other rares and objects of interest the seller has in their store
3) If I'm hanging out in games and playing in ARs, it would be helpful to be able to right-click on someone's name and jump to their store without having to scroll through their profile each time

I guess the main issue is that I wish the "right click" context menus gave more, well, contextual options.

But I agree with bumcheek that the one that the most people would likely find useful is right-click mall sell and autosell-with-quantity from session results.

I have some experience with Java and C, so if it's the kind of thing that sounds useful but that nobody has time to get to, I'd be happy to work on it and try to help out.

kain

If you click on their name in mafia chat ... just use the dropdown at the top of the chat pane to change it to "click shows mall store"