Bug - Fixed questM05Toot is "started" when you leave Valhalla until you jump the gash

Malibu Stacey

As title. Entering Valhalla sets it to "unstarted", leaving sets it to "started". It never changes to "finished" regardless of how many times you speak to the Toot Oriole or the Council.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Is that the really, really one-time quest? It doesn't show up in my quest log in either in-progress or completed.

Maybe it only shows up for a first-run character? It might be that it shouldn't reset on entering valhalla.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
No this is the one you have to do every ascension to collect your pig rocks

gausie

Staff member
Ok I've fixed this untested in r20655

Malibu Stacey

Thanks @gausie
I've some changes to implement in autoscend before I start a new run (have an emotion chip to write support for now) but I should get it started "today" and can test this too.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Ok I've fixed this untested in r20655
I tested it on my new run. It didn't finish it until I check the quest log. Is that expected?
Rich (BB code):
> get questM05Toot

started
You acquire an item: pork elf goodies sack
You acquire an item: disassembled clover

> get questM05Toot

started
You acquire an item: baconstone
You acquire an item: porquoise
You acquire an item: hamethyst

> get questM05Toot

started

> get questM05Toot

finished

gausie

Staff member
I tested it on my new run. It didn't finish it until I check the quest log. Is that expected?
Rich (BB code):
> get questM05Toot

started
You acquire an item: pork elf goodies sack
You acquire an item: disassembled clover

> get questM05Toot

started
You acquire an item: baconstone

> get questM05Toot

started

> get questM05Toot

finished
Yes, though I suppose I could add some code to finish it sooner. What action "finishes" the quest - getting the bag or opening it?

Malibu Stacey

Yes, though I suppose I could add some code to finish it sooner. What action "finishes" the quest - getting the bag or opening it?
Getting the letter. If you speak to Toot again after that it gives you the "You've learned everything I can teach you, Adventurer. Now get out there and make a name for yourself. Perhaps {my_name()}. That seems like a good name." and will do that repeatedly so I would say the final step is getting the Letter from Toot. Whether the user opens the letter to get the bag & clover (and subsequently opens the bag) is on them.