Feature Proxy information for locations

Fluxxdog

I've been using a load of map data for locations, and given the recent additions of proxy information, I thought some of this might be helpful, especially since most of this doesn't seem like it'll be changed any time soon. The code I used to load up the attached file:
Code:
record mapquest{
	boolean legacy; //if discontinued, then true
	item Semirare; //Semirare treasure
	monster Semimon; //Semirare monster
	item Ultrarare; //Ultrarare treasure
	monster Ultramon; //Ultrarare monster
	int min_prime; //minimum prime stat needed
	boolean rod_needed; //need turtling rod
	boolean special_turtle; //need Grinning or Syncopated
	item turtle_prize; //which turtle you get
	string demonName; //which demon name comes from here (uses mafia property name such as demonName2)
	string fistSkill; //which areas have scrolls of the Surprising Fist (uses mafia property name such as fistTeachingsSlums)
	}; mapquest[location]Atlas; file_to_map("atlas.txt",Atlas);

Attachments

• atlas.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 90

Fluxxdog

From my experience, it's supposed to be your buffed main stat. I've gone the Haunted Bedroom where my base prime was WAY under and I got in because my buffed was high enough.

slyz

Developer
When information is added to proxy records, it is not hardcoded specifically for that occasion. Proxy records are just a way to make available to the user information that Mafia already knows internally.

Rinn

Developer
I'm all for additional data files built into mafia, but I wouldn't want to add a monolithic one like this. Adding a semirare.txt \ turtles.txt would be good, adventures.txt should probably contain the minimum mainstat required to adventure in a zone, monsters.txt could contain a flag to denote for ultra-rare monsters etc. A lot of this has been done in user created data files already, and some of them should probably be included with mafia in some form.

Edit: actually combats.txt already denotes ultra-rare monsters with a -1.

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

When information is added to proxy records, it is not hardcoded specifically for that occasion. Proxy records are just a way to make available to the user information that Mafia already knows internally.
I figured some of this would be information that was available and other would be info not included already, as Rinn pointed out. That's why I posted code and data file for Atlas that I've been using. At the very least, if I make the FReq, I should be willing to help if I can.
I'm all for additional data files built into mafia, but I wouldn't want to add a monolithic one like this.
I didn't think it was that big o_O And to think I used to have bounty information in there as well.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
From my experience, it's supposed to be your buffed main stat. I've gone the Haunted Bedroom where my base prime was WAY under and I got in because my buffed was high enough.

I believe what lost's getting at is that, for instance, the Enormous Greater-than Sign doesn't appear until you have 47 mainstat. Or something like that. I'm so out of ascending. :p

Fluxxdog

I believe what lost's getting at is that, for instance, the Enormous Greater-than Sign doesn't appear until you have 47 mainstat. Or something like that. I'm so out of ascending. :p
Ah, that's a different ball of wax. The min_prime mentioned above is just what you have to meet to be allowed in the area if it's unlocked. The requirements for unlocking the area are completely different. For example, the Haunted Ballroom is unlocked when you get the key for it, but you can't adventure there unless your primestat is buffed to at least 68 IIRC.