Problem with El Dia monster names in CCS

My CCS script has the name [el novio cadáver] when i copy and paste 'El Novio Cadáver' into it and save.
However, this is the first time ive had this problem where mafia executes [default] instead of [el novio cadáver]. Previous holidays did not throw up this problem.

Is this a bug or am i missing something? Any solutions?

(I'm only assuming that the lvl 10 revamp where mafia cannot recognise raver giant bounty drops could be part of the problem/solution/idontknowimreallllllyspeculatinghere). Also, using r11935, if this info helps.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
r11943

My css is
[ default ]
consult wham.ash
attack with weapon
skill weapon of the pastalord

My session log says:

659007] Video Game Level 1
Encounter: La Novia Cadáver
Strategy: ....Fronobulax.ccs [default]
Round 0: fronobulax wins initiative!
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: Enqueuing a stun to help with the battle
Round 1: fronobulax executes a macro!
Round 1: fronobulax casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: fronobulax attacks!
Round 3: video game minion (weak) takes 1 damage.
Round 3: fronobulax attacks!
Round 4: video game minion (weak) takes 73 damage.
You lose 1,678 hit points
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: Enqueuing a stun to help with the battle
Round 4: fronobulax executes a macro!
Round 4: fronobulax uses the soggy used band-aid!
You gain 1,678 hit points
...etc until I die

So it is pretty clear that something, somewhere, is not getting the monster correct, but I'm not sure where I would look.

Darzil

Developer
I got rid of the El and the Cadaver bit, and that worked. I suspect it's just the El (etc) that's needed, as that doesn't exist on the manuel pages. I didn't experiment past getting it working for me with just Novio etc.

Darzil

Developer
I suspect Jick changed á to something else ...

I think not, as the CCS will be cross referencing with mafia, not KOL, and mafia is recognising the monsters.

I think it's the removal of El etc to match KoL's internal logic, which was exposed by Manuel. Without the El, [el novio cadáver] isn't matched to the below.

From monsters file in Mafia :

# El Dia De Los Muertos Borrachos
Novia Cadáver HP: [0.75*HP] Def: [MUS-3] Atk: [MOX-3] red-headed corpse (c100) corpse on the beach (c100)
Novio Cadáver HP: [0.75*HP] Def: [MUS-3] Atk: [MOX-3] kamicorpse-ee (c100) corpsedriver (c100)
Padre Cadáver HP: [0.75*HP] Def: [MUS-3] Atk: [MOX-3] purple corpsel (c100) corpsetini (c100)
Persona Inocente Cadáver HP: [0.75*HP] Def: [MUS-3] Atk: [MOX-3] corpsebite

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
mafia is recognising the monsters

It is not recognizing the monsters. The "Encounter" line is just listing exactly what KoL displays. Later on in the fight, the monster name is shown for what mafia thinks it is fighting. I think á needs to be changed to á in mafia.