Feature - Rejected password change

It would be awesome if, when I changed my password in KoL, mafia would automatically update its information (iff I have the Save Password box checked, of course).

I understand this might not be -possible- depending on how the password information is passed, but I haven't looked into the code on that yet.

stupac2

I'd like to second this. I have a lot of trouble getting mafia to remember the PWs of some of my characters.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Let me get this right.

You want to change your password at KoL and then have mafia automagically detect that the password it has remembered is wrong, infer the correct password and then save it? Good luck with that.

If you want mafia to recognize that you went to the account page in teh relay browser and steal your changed password and save it then that makes a little more sense but I'm not sure it is a feature that would get a lot of use and not introduce a new security concern. But that possibility is why I didn't just close this. It could be a project for a relay scripter.

As for the trouble getting mafia to remember passwords, how about More Info? There might be something to look at or there may be a way to save passwords that works consistently.

holatuwol

Developer
If you want mafia to recognize that you went to the account page in teh relay browser and steal your changed password and save it then that makes a little more sense ...
That's how I understood this feature request. But, as it doesn't have much use for me personally, I'm not sure I'd care too much to implement it.