New Content - Implemented Pair of Stomping Boots runaway tracking

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This patch adds tracking of runaways from the new familiar. Shared counter with the bander, priority over navel/GAP. A few interesting things:

1. You can use the runaways against CLEESHed monsters. You still can't do that with a bander.

2. I did not account for that in the code as far as I can tell, but mafia displayed a 100% runaway chance during combat anyway after I CLEESHed a monster. I don't get it. I think the proper way to account for that would be to change
Code:
!FightRequest.castCleesh &&
to
Code:
!( FightRequest.castCleesh && KoLCharacter.getFamiliar().getId() == FamiliarPool.BANDER ) &&
in FightRequest.java, but since it appeared to be working anyway I didn't mess with it (mostly because it would likely make something bad into something worse).

Attachments

• bootsRunaways.patch
    2.2 KB · Views: 28

slyz

Developer
I think I have most of the initial support working (all the changes to the data files etc...), I added runaway tracking from your patch, and also a _bootStomps preference to track the "Release the Boots" skill.

I'll give it a try now before committing everything, and then I'll start to look at the different paste items.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Functionally, this all appears to work great. However, the text "33 lbs., 8/6 runs, 0/7 stomps" takes up a lot of space, and it's all on one line on the left in the main window (and the gCLI). That ends up taking up a lot of space. I'm not sure what a good solution is. I'll probably take the lazy route of changing it to r and s instead of runs and stomps for myself, if nothing better comes along.

slyz

Developer
I tried to break it down into to lines, but I can't remember what I didn't like about the change. Here is a patch that does it, but it needs a little more work (like centering the text, or making it look less spaced in the Relay Browser's compact sidepane).

I'm off for the airport now, and I probably won't be committing anything for the next three weeks.