Bug - Won't Fix Not Detecting Profile Folders

icefall5

I'm not sure of the proper terminology here, but in r9876 mafia will not detect my existing profile folders. I'm running it the same way I always have, by downloading the file, placing it in the KoLmafia folder on my desktop (which contains all of my mafia folders, like chats, data, settings, etc.), and running it, but it starts running as if it was my first time. My account isn't saved, my skin isn't there anymore, nothing. All of the data within my mafia folders is still intact as it should be, but mafia is not detecting it. After entering my information and logging in, mafia updates all of the stuff it normally updates, but when the window disappears it does not come back. The javaw.exe process is still running, but the mafia window doesn't open. It has been awhile since I last used mafia, so I can't confirm that the problem is new in r9876, but it's there.

I have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Java 6 u27 and 64-bit Java 7 installed. What's going on?

Winterbay

Java 7 and Mafia are incompatible, I think that is what is happening. Also, is it a good idea to have that many different versions of Java installed?

icefall5

The Java website says to have both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions installed if using both a 32-bit and 64-bit browser. I also have Java 7 installed because I'm currently in a Java class and need it for the program we use to write code. I'm currently uninstalling Java 7 and the Java 7 SDK; I'll see if that fixes the problem.

EDIT: It was Java 7. My apologies!

Last edited: