Bug - Fixed Not detecting Hardcore properly.

PadainFain

I don't think this is a generic bug but I can't track down the problem, so I'm appealling for help here.

I have two characters in hardcore and one works fine. The other however is being treated as if in Softcore. KolMafia is unusable for this character as it goes into infinite loops trying to buy restoratives or when using Maximise() it tries to pull items from storage.

There must be something in my settings somewhere that has caused this but I've not found a likely culprit in the data or settings files.

Mafia build 9035. Character is 14 days into the HC run and the problem only manifested at day 12.

> ash in_hardcore()

Returned: true

Last edited:

PadainFain

Yes but all scripts are running as if in Softcore (bumcheekascend, universal recovery) and no one else is reporting problems with those scripts. So I'm wondering if Mafia has stored something about my character because I may have started this run in the period when Mafia was unable to detect HC properly due to the recent account changes in KoL.

As I tried to say I don't think there's a bug in Mafia that needs a fix, just something in my character data that I need to modify. But I don't see a better forum for the question. :)

StDoodle

Minion
I would recommend deleting any and all data files associated with the scripts & character that is having problems as a first step.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
What do you get when you type this in the CLI?

get kingLiberated

If that says "true", it will override whether we think you are in hardcore or not as far as the ASH function can_interact() is concerned. I assume that is the one that the scripts use to determine whether you can freely buy and pull stuff.

Other than that, if we don't detect Hardcore and/or Ronin correctly from your charsheet, that, too could screw things up.

If kingLiberated is true, do this:

set kingLiberated = false

Otherwise, turn on debugging, visit your charsheet, turn off debugging, and let's see your log. Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ooh! CDM to the rescue - perhaps. At my request, he just added some flags to api.php. In particular, "recalledskills" (so we don't have to go to the account tab at all at startup any more) and "freedking". Revision 9040 uses that to set the kingLiberated preference appropriately whenever you refresh status - at login, or when you ascend.

Tell me how your 2nd hardcore character works with 9040.

PadainFain

9040 (9043) didn't help.

kingLiberated was 'true' so I set it to false and restarted. Now it looks good!

Thanks ever so much for the help. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ah ha. I see that 9040 only changed kingLiberated from false to true, but would not fix it from true to false. Revision 9044