Bug No chatting with bodyguard familiar link in relay browser

I just finished an AG run this morning. After freeing the king I did my usual things. The bodyguard was still my familiar and I noticed a chat link next to it on the LHS of the relay browser. I clicked on it and got the chance to pick a target. So the only thing that doesn't make sense is that I was able to do this after finishing AG.

It is possible that the "certain number of fights" wasn't reached by the OP but otherwise it seems that this is a straightforward problem.

According to the wiki, it supposed to show up when the bodyguard starts being referred to as "looks mildly talkative" at the end of combats. Mine doesn't have the link when using Mafia (I'm still in ronin, got a few quests still to finish). But, if I log in without using Mafia, the link shows up every few adventures. I'll have enough adventures after rollover tonight to see if adventuring out of ronin will make the link show up with mafia.

I just finished an AG run this morning. After freeing the king I did my usual things. The bodyguard was still my familiar and I noticed a chat link next to it on the LHS of the relay browser. I clicked on it and got the chance to pick a target. So the only thing that doesn't make sense is that I was able to do this after finishing AG.

It is possible that the "certain number of fights" wasn't reached by the OP but otherwise it seems that this is a straightforward problem.
After logging in without mafia, the link showed up immediately. And about every 25 adventures or so after that. I just spent 127 adventures without mafia and got the link another 5 times.

I'm not sure there is a problem here although there is certainly an opportunity for mafia to improve.

Available after defeating a certain number of opponents with a Burly Bodyguard as your active familiar.

That raises questions. Is there some kind of counter that controls the link? Does it reset after the monster requested in the chat is found? Is the counter always of the same duration or is it variable?

If this is a mafia issue - which presumably means mafia is not detecting the chat link or throwing it out if it is there - then I would like confirmation that it is present without mafia, absent with mafia and no adventures were spent between the comparisons.

If it is counter based then the counter link not showing up in mafia could be due to the counter and not a mafia problem. In that case it would be nice to have some spading or detection because most players, and many scripts, would probably like it if they knew they could chat and thus pick a monster to encounter.

After adventuring out of Ronin, the link started showing up in mafia for me, as well.

Like I said, when I closed mafia and just logged into KOL without it, I was getting the link roughly every 25 combat adventures (roughly 50 fights in Avent Guard path). If there's variation, it doesn't seem to be a very big variation. So, the link was not showing up only when I was using Mafia during Ronin. I still had adventures of ronin left after I tested this. So, yes, the link is supposed to show up during ronin.

The indicator that the link should be available shows up during the combat results. "(your familiar's name) looks mildly talkative". This was showing up while I was adventuring with mafia (for a bit over 700 adventures), before I tested it by logging in without using Mafia. After rollover, I tested again, and the link didn't show up until I was out of ronin, even though the message would show up. When I wasn't using mafia, the link showed up as soon as the combat that the indicator shows up in was over.

I just stared an Avant Guard run and I have a chat link in my charpane. My current turncount is 82.
1724880601550.png

Back