New Content - Implemented New Guild Challenges

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Normally, I would advocate fixing the Guild Unlock function, but since scripts that use it are already broken and have workarounds, if we just deprecate it and remove it that would be OK. I speak as someone who has had fixing the Guild Unlock on my ToDo list for months.....

Theraze

If there were a good way to note when the moxie adventure happens, I'd say that fixing the unlock should be simple... the pant-stealing is a specific choice adventure, right? Does the internal code have any good way of querying if the last choice adventure was a specific one, or anything similar? I know there's code for 1 choiceadv in the goals, but... if there was some way of adventuring until the last adventure was the specific choice adventure for your class, then re-equipping the pants (if moxie), and returning to the guild leader should be trivial.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10331 should add a "guild" link to your pants when you steal them to fulfill the quest. I say "should", because my initial code wasn't quite right and I didn't get the link and, obviously, that's it for testing until I ascend again.

I think I fixed it. It'd be nice if somebody could confirm or deny that.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I can confirm that when I Yoink my own pants, the "You acquire" message for them now gives both a "equip" and a "guild" link. I think that completes the Relay Browser support for the new Guild challenge.

It leaves the "Unlock Guild" quest script - which should be slightly more complicated than the previous one, but more guaranteed to work, since it's easily doable from turn #1 of a run. It should be similar, codewise, in many respects to our Tavern Solver, which also repeatedly adventures until it achieves a goal.

(If you are Moxie, require that you be wearing pants. Remember what they are.)
Visit the Guild Chief and accept the challenge
Adventure in the starting area of choice until you take the required choice (542 mox 543 mus 544 mys)
(If you are Moxie, put on your pants again)
Visit the Guild Chief to unlock the guild.

I just started Yet Another BHY run, to get the Crow. When I finish, I'll linger until the next challenge path opens, I expect, and will then dive in again. When I do that, I'll see about writing a Guild Quest solver. Or maybe I'll do it for fun before then and let somebody else test it. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10418 updates the Unlock Guild quest script. Untested with a character who actually needs to do that...

Theraze

[6] Outskirts of The Knob
Encounter: Up In Their Grill
You acquire an item: 11-inch knob sausage
Speaking to guild master again...
Getting meatcar quest...
You acquire an item: Degrassi Knoll shopping list
Guild successfully unlocked.
New guild solver verified working for muscle.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I assume the Myst quest will work, then. It would be nice if somebody would test the Moxie version, since that has to detect your current pants and re-equip them. I'm going to mark this Implemented - until/unless somebody says the Moxie quest script isn't quite right...