New Content - Implemented new FOTM (Fancypants Scarecrow)

GValko

Hatchling
--------------------
5371 stuffed-shirt scarecrow grow all 0
5371 374484104 pantscrow.gif stuffed-shirt scarecrow
stuffed-shirt scarecrow Free Pull
--------------------

New familiar: "Fancypants Scarecrow" (152) @ pantscrow2.gif

No familiar equipment.

It's a hatrack for pants. Some spading of the effects is sure to begin.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Interesting. I have code ready to make this familiar act like a Hatrack, in regards to the Gear Changer, but I've noticed an additional difference: its weight is affected by the pants it is wearing and is NOT affected by effects, skills, and other familiar weight granting items. Needless to say, the familiar trainer doesn't know how to deal with that.

Does it even gain weight in combat or the arena, or is it strictly based on the pants it is wearing?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, there are bugs with this familiar.

- I equipped it. 0 experience, 0 kills - 1 pound (it ignores my familiar weight skills and effects and items)
- I fought 4 monsters. The battle's WIN text says "xxx gains a pound!"
- The terrarium says I have a 2-lb. scarecrow
- The charpane says I have a 1-lb. scarecrow.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
With no pants, I would expect the cap to be 1 pound (like the hatrack), and the charpane to show that. Apparently the terrarium shows weight without the cap (just verified that the hatrack shows up like this).

roippi

Developer
FWIW, there were multiple KOL bugs with this familiar when it launched, so some features may be bugs.

GValko

Interesting. I have code ready to make this familiar act like a Hatrack, in regards to the Gear Changer, but I've noticed an additional difference: its weight is affected by the pants it is wearing and is NOT affected by effects, skills, and other familiar weight granting items.

This was most definitely a server-side bug. It responds to Heavy petting, Leash of Linguini, Empathy, et al now.

Also it appears that they suck at the Cage Match (it triggers the appropriate message). No idea on the other 3.

The same weight cap mechanics for the Hatrack also apply to the Scarecrow as well -- floor(power/4), uncapped for 200 power pants, etc

Last edited:
I'm 99.9% sure the spangly mariachi pants are equivalent to the spanglerack: double-weight fairy and potato, cap 37 pounds. Haven't spaded this directly, but it's definitely a fairytato, cap will be 37 pounds, and there's good reason to believe they intentionally set this up to be an equivalent to the spanglerack, since spanglerack is the most ascension relevant aspect of the hatrack.

I mention this because I'd like to see the item drop bonus from a spanglecrow show up.

Bale

Minion
And the most awesome part of the spanglecrow is that you can wear the spangly hat while using it!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Anybody interested in making and committing a patch to modifiers.txt to take account of pants on your familiar, a la this Wiki page? It's a matter of adding the appropriate "Familiar Effect" parameters to the various pants, much as we have for hats.

This seems like the main thing delaying a new "official" release, which would be good, considering the change in login sequence and the new Java 7 support. Well, maybe a little more soak time on that, but it feels like we are getting close.

slyz

Developer
I can do that by and by.

I also tried to to look at a small issue: when an item that isn't a familiar item is equipped on a familiar in the terrarium, the EquipmentManager doesn't know that item is available. I haven't found out how to make that happen, yet.

It doesn't? I can use "equip spang pants" while my spanglenuts is in the terrarium with no problem. While in run and I have no other copies of those pants.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Some of the numbers need updating. I'm creating an updated modifiers.txt right now based on cross-referencing data sources for sanity checking.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Here are some updates. Spading is still in progress of course. While I was at it I added the crown of thrones effects for newer familiars.

Attachments

• scarecrowModifiers.patch
    14.4 KB · Views: 25