Bug - Fixed Modern zombie cleansing not tracked from puttied fights

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The message "Your Evilometer emits five quick beeps." appears to only update mafia's value for the alcove evilness when you find a modern zombie by adventuring in the zone. Using putty on that monster is fairly common (for some play styles, at least).

slyz

Developer
I don't know what would be the best way to do this. Here is a patch that should look up in which cyrpt zone the monster appears instead of checking the last adventure location. I will be able to test it by going through the cyrpt, but I will have to wait until I break the prism to test with a puttied monster.

EDIT: I forgot I had already done the cyrpt, and killing puttied zombies in aftercore probably won't result in "Your Evilometer emits" messages.

Attachments

• PuttyEvil.patch
    3.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I finally got a chance to test this, and it works for modern zombies and swarms of ghuol whelps (the only testing I could fit in this run), so I expect this patch is ready to go.

roippi

Developer
So, looked at this patch, and it looks like it would work just fine. I would feel good about committing it; I'll defer to slyz in case there were changes he wanted to make to it.

This does some fanciness in handleEvilometer that basically looks at the last monster fought, loops over the cyrpt zones, looks to see if a monster from those zones matches the last monster, and if so, decrements the appropriate counter. Nifty. Perhaps the creation of a utility method isWanderingMonster() would take a similar approach and would be a first step towards implementing that feature request to add counters for such things.