Bug Missing item drop

digitrev

The Possessed wine rack in The Haunted Wine Cellar is missing the dusty bottles as item drops from a item_drops() call.

Maybe we need a way to specify a pool of items. This monster has two drops, each of which is an equal chance of one of six bottles. Should we have 12 bottles as drops, or just 2 drops, each of which is a virtual item "dusty bottle" that doesn't evaluate to anything else ? There are a few like this, such as paper strips in Nemesis cave and Steam cards.

Well, what the most bottles that the rack can drop? If it's only 2 drops, both of which are completely random, just 2 dusty bottles would be best. Otherwise, it would be implied that all 12 can drop. The paper strips has always bothered me a bit as only 1 can drop at a time, but it was more a personal distaste.

Maybe we need a way to specify a pool of items. This monster has two drops, each of which is an equal chance of one of six bottles. Should we have 12 bottles as drops, or just 2 drops, each of which is a virtual item "dusty bottle" that doesn't evaluate to anything else ? There are a few like this, such as paper strips in Nemesis cave and Steam cards.
I like 2 dusty bottles, 1 paper strip, 1 Steam Card, and so on. Sort of like "item groups".

I expect we can treat them internally as pseudoItems (or tallyItems; I forget the difference) for the purpose of storing the AdventureResult drops in the MonsterData. I don't know how to translate such into something that ASH can manipulate, though. I've never tried making an ASH pseudo-item (itemId = -1, name = whatever).

Right now we have support for "any X" in a goal (this is done in nemesis cave for paper strips), which in turn uses WildcardResult (which subclasses AdventureResult and is found in that same file). Maybe this would be a more natural approach? I'm a bit concerned that one day there'll be an item that starts with "any ", though.

Apparently there's also "anything but X" available, but I dunno what's a good use for this.

Back