Missing content while using snapshot.ash

Altair12

The following is a link of what happens when I try running snapshot.ash
http://pastebin.com/uGVpzrBF
I have the latest .exe build of KoLMafia. So in my bcc page a lot of parts like the discoveries, trophies, etc. are completely empty. I tried running the script on the .jar build too, but I get the same 'IOException' s. Any help?

Winterbay

That means that you got a network error when sending the information, most likely nothing to do with Mafia.

Altair12

Ah, I know, but when I contacted BCC and told him the same thing he told me to report it in the forums and he'd look at it later, anyway, how can I fix this problem with my network/computer?

Last edited:

Theraze

The place to report it would have been in the BCC snapshot thread, not as a mafia bug.

And fixing it depends on why your computer fails. Try changing your Java first... upgrading to the latest version or downgrading to Java 1.6 if it still doesn't work.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The place to report it would have been in the BCC snapshot thread, not as a mafia bug.

And fixing it depends on why your computer fails. Try changing your Java first... upgrading to the latest version or downgrading to Java 1.6 if it still doesn't work.

With all due respect, if this is a connection issue, shouldn't the OP be talking to their ISP? What is there in Java versions and mafia that makes network errors handled in a more robust fashion in one Java version as compared to another? I don't see how this would address the problem at all, but am always willing to learn something new.

Theraze

If it consistently has the problem when trying to post to BCC's server and only when trying to post to BCC's server, it's probably not an issue with the ISP unless there's a physical/routing issue, in which case... yes, without contacting the ISP, there's nothing that will fix it.

But it's rather unlikely that the ISP would allow viewing the server (to see that the page is missing bits) and not posting to it. That sounds much more like a local computer issue. And while it could be a firewall or privacy shield or other such configuration blocking program or setting, with the VERY limited information given, the only suggestion I felt confident making was to avoid the current version of Java.