Bug Maximizer vs equipment wearing familiars

Nappa

I have noticed the maximiser can get confused by the disembodied hand when optimizing (in my case) adventures. How far can I expect the maximizer to work well with these type of familiars?

My situation:
* I have a disembodied hand with (currently) a time sword equipped
* I have another time sword (+other time suit outfit items) in my inventory

When I run maximizer when my disembodied hand is not my active familiar, it suggests:
Code:
steal & equip weapon time sword (+3)
steal & equip off-hand time sword (+3)
keep familiar: little box of fireworks

Hitting 'equip all' in this situation leads to
Code:
Putting on time helmet...
Equipment changed.
Wielding time sword...
Equipment changed.
Taking off time sword...
Equipment changed.
Holding time sword...
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Why bother putting a weapon into your offhand if you don't have anything in your on-hand? "On-hand?" Whatever.[/COLOR]

If I do set my disembodied hand active it comes up with
Code:
remove & equip weapon time sword (+3)
equip off-hand Mer-kin stopwatch (+3)
keep familiar: time sword
Which, by the way, equips fine and seems to be what I could expect to be the max.

So, in the first (disembodied hand not active) scenario, should the maximizer suggest I switch familiars? (I don't know if it supports this).
And if not, is handling the suggested weapon theft bugged? I noticed that even though it said 'Wielding time sword...' it ended up not wielding it. Which is probably why it complains about the on-hand.

YOu can get the maximizer to try and check your familiar by adding "switch disembodied hand" but other than that the maximizer ignores anything but the current familiar.

This is a duplicate of a few other reports which involve equipping the same thing in the main and off-hand. I think there's one with lawn darts if memory serves, unable to search at the moment.

Yeah... it's a 'feature' in that each part of the maximization runs one at a time, because it's not really an item and so it can't do the whole batch of changes. So if you need to acquire 2 items and they aren't currently in your inventory, whether it's dual-wielded weapons or accessories, it re-collects your first item rather than getting the second item and equipping that instead. The fix is to acquire the items first manually, then run your maximization again.

Back