Bug Maximizer sees Offhand remarkable as doubling Hodgman's Hamster when it does not

Link will not work for me. It demands a Discord login which I do not have and am not willing to create in order to view the content. Would you consider copying the relevant information here or take a stab at fixing it yourself?

Thank you.
Sure!

From Dictator:
>Aw, Off-hand Remarkable doesn't actually double the imaginary hamster. And here I thought my outfit script was outsmarting me. Now I have to outsmart the script instead.

>With 75 hobo power, talking spade says I get 75% meat from the hamster, but 50% meat from the elf guard clipboard. So yeah, that's not a good sign.

> Hodgman's Garbage Sticker and Hodgman's Metal Detector give the same values for meat and item drop (respectively) as the hamster (but less for the reverse, obviously).

What exactly is happening here? What does modtrace report, and what do you expect to see?

My understanding is that modtrace will report Offhand Remarkable as duplicating the hobo offhands effects (Metal detector, garbage sticker, imaginary hamster) when they do not in fact get doubled.

So for example with hodgman's bowtie and hodgman's imaginary hamster equipped and doing modtrace meat

1708401110673.png
1708401125435.png

The +25 on offhand remarkable does not actually exist (according to Dict's talking spade)

The +25 on imaginary hamster is fine (the 25 hobo power from the bowtie being converted to meat%)

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
I see, that makes sense. But the +20% all attributes presumably does get doubled?

urgh... I guess it's easiest to just hardcode the affected items. Otherwise we'd have to redo how modifiers work: the relevant one here would be "hobo power is meat(/whatever)", and it only gets applied once.