Bug - Fixed maximizer in r11287 is buggy

I am trying to click on "pullable/buyable" when maximizing "adv" and I get a debug log.
This works for "on-hand". Fails for "createable/foldable" as well.

Debug log is short, so here it is:

Code:
KoLmafia v15.3 r11287, Mac OS X, Java 1.6.0_33

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.MaximizerFrame$Evaluator.checkItem(MaximizerFrame.java:1989)
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.MaximizerFrame$Evaluator.enumerateEquipment(MaximizerFrame.java:2181)
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.MaximizerFrame.maximize(MaximizerFrame.java:418)
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.MaximizerFrame.maximize(MaximizerFrame.java:345)
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.MaximizerFrame$MaximizerPanel.actionConfirmed(MaximizerFrame.java:1167)
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.GenericPanel$ConfirmedListener.execute(GenericPanel.java:628)
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.listener.ThreadedListener.run(ThreadedListener.java:239)
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread$ThreadWrappedRunnable.run(RequestThread.java:342)

Last edited:
Interesting - I'm not a dev, but my cursory digging so far suggests that it's dying because there's something in the equipment list that's not in the concotion pool, and since I can duplicate the problem I added some debugging logic, and that seems to be because of "The Lost Glasses", which I'm guessing haven't been properly added yet to the data files. I'll poke further.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
One by one, we add fixes when NPEs show up because we assume that every item has a concoction.

When we discover a new item in inventory and add it to the internal database, presumably we should add a concoction for it, too, to stop this once and for all.

Edit: Try Revision 11293

Last edited:
Yup, that fixed it (no backtrae/NPE). From what I see from the change you made, it looks like you made sure the concoction pool always has an entry for every item (defaults as nocreate), for the ones we don't already have info for, to presumably avoid this whole class of issues going forward?