New Content - Implemented March 2012 IOTM - Happy Medium

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Also, I didn't know mafia would be doing a best guess:
You acquire Thwaitgold grasshopper statuette (2)
Wrong. KoL says,
You acquire 2 Grasshoppers
Not for me, it doesn't.

Taking 2 statuettes from display case, KoL says:
Thwaitgold grasshopper statuette (2) moved from case to inventory.

Putting them into my closet, KoL says:
You stored 2 Thwaitgold grasshopper statuettes in your closet.

Taking them out again, KoL says:
You acquire 2 Thwaitgold grasshopper statuettes

Putting them into the display case, KoL says:
Thwaitgold grasshopper statuette (2) moved from inventory to case.

In all cases, KoLmafia tracked the item movement perfectly.

I see no bug.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Upon rereading, I realize that your mentioning the statuette was a red herring; it was simply another way of saying "KoLmafia doesn't know that the plural of Grasshopper is Grasshoppers and when it sees Grasshoppers, it thinks it is a Thwaitgold grasshopper statuette".

Revision 11344 adds the plurals, and a couple others you did not mention.

And for item acquisition, I think KoLmafia shuld look for exact match of plural or singular item name and not do fuzzy matching, but that would be another bug report.

Ruby Eyes

Well, I just mentioned all the plurals of medium drinks for which I found mafia to be giving me an "unknown" message, since I was buying all 66 of those for a friend anyway. I haven't checked anything else. Thanks for adding those. :)

And when I buy 2 grasshoppers, KoL totally *does* say so. Ahem. ;)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
And when I buy 2 grasshoppers, KoL totally *does* say so. Ahem. ;)
You'll notice that you didn't actually say that you were buying two Grasshoppers. All you said was you "didn't know mafia was doing a best guess" and then showed some stuff about statuettes.

Now, had you actually said "I bought 2 Grasshoppers but KoLmafia recorded it as statuettes", I would have figured out sooner that that was what you were talking about.

But, you did not say that, alas.

Bale

Minion
Note to all: Veracity is not psychic. Please tell her ALL the details, not just a few of them.

Ruby Eyes

Well, I was talking about drinks. Specifically, about happy medium drinks. That has nothing to do with being psychic.
Considering that I had been scolded for mixing up topics just before (regarding thick-skinned and icy peak items), I will certainly not do that again.

Note to you: The detail was exactly what it was: KoL says (followed by a copy right out of the game, in quote tags). There is no need to tell me I'm lying in my observations and quotations.

DoctorRotelle

Developer
I've been wanting to code something with charges and other familiars when I noticed how it wasn't done properly with this one (and it is the only familiar with .charges code that's active, atm). The .charges for the medium returns 0-3. (which makes this redundant information when you have the image name available in the proxy). When I think of charges, I think of how the word is used everywhere else in the code: number of times something has been "charged" via combat. Basically, the count of the combat adventures based on some fight result text. If I was trying to script something with my familiar switching routine, I want to know if I have enough adv to bother with charging something up for the next goodie drop/skill use/free adv. Most charging familiars now have a _preference for their charges which could be returned in the .charges proxy field. The one for the medium needs to be redone so it uses FightRequest.java to zero out the value (when you get a siphon drop) or increment the value. Then it would be useful in the context common to the rest of the charging familiars. In my consult scripts, I key off of the last_monster().phylum field and $familiar[Happy Medium].image

I am not comfortable making all these changes to the code. I just want to put the info out there to save someone a lot of thought work on this project.

Catch-22

I just want to put the info out there to save someone a lot of thought work on this project.

A while ago I wanted to make a familiar switcher using the same proxy record you mention and I came to the same realization that the proxy record wasn't all that useful.

This is probably worth opening up a separate feature request for, something like "more meaningful charges proxy field".