Code:
[267] Defiled Cranny
Encounter: Lunchtime
[COLOR="#ff0000"]Manual control requested for choice #160[/COLOR]

Code:
[278] Defiled Alcove
Encounter: Doublewide
[COLOR="#ff0000"]Manual control requested for choice #154[/COLOR]

And that was all. (Ditto for the other two.) I did not get linked to relay browser. Of course when I refreshed my browser I was able to continue.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Look here and beyond. I believe I reported the same behavior as you did and was essentially told that I had observed the expected behavior. If you get a different result then I would like to sign up for your course "Forum English as a Second Language for Native Speakers of English" since I either do not write as clearly as you do or I don't understand what other people write.

holatuwol

Developer
I'm still figuring out how to make the stupid thing display without color/tag bleeding for other people (a symptom I haven't been able to reproduce), give me time! ;_;

slyz

Developer
Maybe my report was missed, but isn't the "color bleeding" caused by actually clicking the link?

Would playing with the "vlink" HTML attribute help?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
but isn't the "color bleeding" caused by actually clicking the link?

There may be multiple problems but I saw colors in my gCLI window even when there were no links or links being clicked. I thought that stopped for me several versions ago but maybe not. In any event my recollection is that color bleeding occurred without clicking links.

@hola - you may have more time. I misunderstood your previous comment. Thank you.

Bale

Minion
Look here and beyond. I believe I reported the same behavior as you did and was essentially told that I had observed the expected behavior.

Unless I misunderstand, this is a different bug. You were reporting that the display was messed up after the link. I didn't even get a link at all!

Theraze

They're related. There is currently no link because of the colour bleed. The current 'fix' for the colour bleed was to remove the link. :)

Bale

Minion
Thank you. Now I understand. Yesterday's work-around is todays bug.

I think I prefer the color bleed to the lack of a link.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I admit to being totally confused. At various times I have seen colors, links that don't work, links that work and nothing. What I would like is an option for the old behavior where "something" grabs my attention by making itself the window on my screen that is on top and has focus. For me, having that something be the mini-browser is preferable to not having that something at all, although my preference would be a new tab in a currently open instance of the relay browser or a new relay browser. I understand that hola is in the midst of changes and that carping about what I would prefer is not helpful until he thinks he is done. I also understand that there is a strong "anti-popup" sentiment and that my preference is at odds with that.

slyz

Developer
If you have chat opened while auto-adventuring, I'm still getting a "Click here to continue in the relay browser." link in my Mafia chat window in r9115.

matt.chugg

I'm still figuring out how to make the stupid thing display without color/tag bleeding for other people (a symptom I haven't been able to reproduce), give me time! ;_;

Just an idea, I think its an earlier (not on the actual click here message), unclosed tag in a similar issue to here:

http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?5...-cli-to-become-right-aligne&p=42483#post42483

Can you put in a command to dump the innerHTML of the cli window to a file then next time it happens, the file can be uploaded and I or someone else can have a dig through.

Winterbay

Interesting enough in the last few days I had been getting the "no link" (apart from in the chat window). However today I got the nice link followed by link spreading in the CLI. Odd...

matt.chugg

Just an idea, I think its an earlier (not on the actual click here message), unclosed tag in a similar issue to here:

http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?5...-cli-to-become-right-aligne&p=42483#post42483

Can you put in a command to dump the innerHTML of the cli window to a file then next time it happens, the file can be uploaded and I or someone else can have a dig through.

ok, I took a full crash dump of javaw (proxep awesomeness) and found the contents of the cli...

<font color="red">You're on your own, partner.</font><br>
<a target="mainpane" class="error" href="main.php">Click here to continue in the relay
browser.<br>
<br>
Round 4: mskc attacks!<br>

looks like its not ending the link tag (</a>) now we just have to find out why because hola definatly put it in!!

My guess would now be that something else closes the tag (another link) later, and its rendering everything between <a> and the last closing </a>

or I could be miles off!

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The easiest way to get a CLI link without doing weird stuff with combat is /whois in chat, and from there the link sporadically extends to include more text (I spammed "telescope" repeatedly to get a bunch of output quickly). 9115.

matt.chugg

The easiest way to get a CLI link without doing weird stuff with combat is /whois in chat, and from there the link sporadically extends to include more text (I spammed "telescope" repeatedly to get a bunch of output quickly). 9115.

I couldn't get that to work for me! I think to prevent massive consumption of memory the cli content is limited so I wonder if something gets trimmed from the start causing incomplete tags, which may go a little way to explain why this is not always re-producable?

I'm just thinking out loud (on screen!) here!

holatuwol

Developer
Or the HTML cleanup stripped the closing tag due to a greedy regular expression. Let's see if the problem goes away in r9116.

slyz

Developer
r9116 seems to have fixed things for me. I'll mark this as fixed unless someone posts otherwise.