Bug - Fixed Mall daily limits get mixed up after sorting using the Store Manager

AtlanteanScion

I verified this bug today using KoLmafia v16.0 r12951, although I first noticed it a while ago (last year, I think). As such, I expect it is unrelated to the recent KoL mall interface overhaul.

Warning: The following procedure will switch up your limit assignments. Do not proceed if you have daily-limited low-priced items in your store.
(1) Open the Store Manager.
(2) Click on a column heading to change the sorting to anything except the default (Item Name ascending, with max priced items last).
(3) If no items in your store have a daily limit, assign a limit to at least 1 item.
(4) Click the "save prices" button.
(5) Close, then reopen the Store Manager. Notice that your limit(s) have moved to different items.

Based on my testing observations, it appears that daily limits are assigned based on indices from the default sort instead of the current sort.

Bale

Minion
They aren't into it, but they aren't very strongly opposed to the concept and AtlanteanScion did provide a simple method to reproduce the bug, hopefully reliably.

At least they won't get inconvenienced by their daily limits being messed up. ;)

AtlanteanScion

Yes, it's a bug, but... do any of the devs actually like supporting stores with limits? :D

Understood. I generally don't like limits either, but they can be useful for philanthropic sales.

They aren't into it, but they aren't very strongly opposed to the concept and AtlanteanScion did provide a simple method to reproduce the bug, hopefully reliably.

Thanks, I tried to simplify the replication procedure, and I tested it multiple times, so it should be reliable. Part of my RL job is fixing software bugs, so I appreciate the value of a well-constructed bug report. I hope I've managed to do that! :)