Mafia stops reporting ML granted by Slime Hates It equipment

zeroblah

Hello,

I'm having a strange problem and I've run out of things to try to solve it. Twice now mafia has stopped reporting ML granted by my caustic-nodule equipment (scythe, cowl, bandolier, etc). The "ML: +<n>" value in the left pane of mafia, and things like ``ash numeric_modifier("Monster Level")'' all give the same incorrect values. The first time it happened it eventually started reporting ML correctly again, but I have no idea why. Other source of ML are added correctly.

Last night, I was playing turns in the slime tube with 6 pieces/7 levels of slime-hates-it gear on and mafia was correctly adding 945 to my total ML. At some point I changed outfit and went and collected a lucre. When I re-equipped my slime gear mafia was no longer adding 945 ML to my total ML.

I am using daily build 7398. So far I've tried a few things but nothing has helped: changing outfits from +ML to no-ML and back again, unequipping everything and putting one piece at a time, restarting mafia, and removing effects gained after leaving the slime tube (e.g. olfaction). I've also tried a couple of slightly earlier builds and I've tried starting mafia in a new directory with no existing configuration files. I've even rebooted since it happened.

Typing 'equip' in the CLI shows that mafia knows I have the scythe, cowl, etc equipped. 'modtrace monster level' only shows non-nodule sources of ML.

I have no idea what to try next. :) Any suggestions on what I can do to determine if this is either 1) my fault or 2) a bug?

thanks,

z

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It happened when you went to get lucre. Since the location field in mafia wasn't the Slime Tube, mafia didn't include things that only work in the slime tube. Change the location there and everything should be displayed as you need it.

Bale

Minion
I can explain this!! Mafia only adds Slime Hates It to your +ML in the slime tube. It only knows that you're in the slime tube if the last visited location was the Slime Tube.

After you got your lucre, the Slime Tube was not your last location and so mafia wasn't going to add Slime Hates It as bonus to ML in the goatlet. :)

Edit: Ninja'ed by the honorable lostcalpolydude.

zeroblah

Hah! That's actually really nice that mafia handles it that way. Thankyou for the replies, now I can stop tearing my hair out. :)

z

Bale

Minion
You didn't claim superiority due to verbosity this time.

That's because I only had you outnumbered 4 sentences to 3. Last time the difference was overwhelming and mine was more informative. I'll try harder to crush you next time. :p

... besides, this time I thought your succinctness rendered your writings superior...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Note that simply selecting The Slime Tube as your adventure location in the GUI will make your Slime Hate ML adjustment visible; it doesn't have to actually be the last location you adventured in.

Bale

Minion
Yeah, lostcalpolydude already covered that. In fewer words than I used. I was totally defeated...