Mafia can't login?

Banana Lord

Feeling a little stupid here, but I can't seem to get mafia to log in. It just gives me 'requests complete' without ever logging in. Pulling up the gCLI shows this:

Code:
Validating login server (www6.kingdomofloathing.com)...
Choosing new      login server (www.kingdomofloathing.com)...
Choosing new login server      (www2.kingdomofloathing.com)...
Choosing new login server      (www3.kingdomofloathing.com)...
Sending login request...
Choosing      new login server (www4.kingdomofloathing.com)...
Choosing new login      server (www5.kingdomofloathing.com)...
Choosing new login server      (www6.kingdomofloathing.com)...
Requests complete.

Was working fine yesterday, was using a recent daily build, tried again with newest build, tried again with latest official release (14.7), running OSX Lion.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Just now I logged in fine with r9738. I suspect the problem is local to you, not KoLmafia. Or else KoL had connection problems, I guess...

Banana Lord

I can log into vanilla KoL no problem. I haven't noticed any network issues here and I can't think of anything I'm running that would interfere with mafia (I don't even use a firewall or have anti-virus software installed), and again, it was fine yesterday. Do you have any suggestions as to what I could check?

Banana Lord

Hah! Figured it out. I changed my proxy settings earlier today to connect to a wifi network I don't usually use. I changed them back about an hour later, but mafia never detected the change back. Just had to manually remove the old proxy settings. Thanks for the help anyway! :)

Winterbay

I was just about to say that that sounds exactly like what happens when I forget to untick/tick the box for proxy server when I'm at home (no proxy) or at work (proxy). You probably has a debug log in your folder as well I'd wager.