Bug - Not A Bug Mafia and Hagnk's

This has been going on for a few days (since I ascended) for me. It seems that Mafia (r9313 until this morning) isn't going to storage.php and parsing Hagnk's correctly. I say this, because if I go to hagnk's manually in the relay browser, and click on the three choices, mafia then properly updates my Storage in the item manager.

I waited after New Valhalla to see if it was just a lag thing, but that does not seem to be the case.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
This has been going on for a few days (since I ascended) for me. It seems that Mafia (r9313 until this morning) isn't going to storage.php and parsing Hagnk's correctly. I say this, because if I go to hagnk's manually in the relay browser, and click on the three choices, mafia then properly updates my Storage in the item manager.

I waited after New Valhalla to see if it was just a lag thing, but that does not seem to be the case.

I did not observe this today but I am still observing significant lag. My suspicion is this is not due to anything under mafia's control.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If KoLmafia ever goes to Hagnk's and finds nothing there, it concludes that you have emptied it and never checks again until you ascend. Presumably, it lagged out fetching Storage and that kicked in. Actually, your particular issue was that until yesterday, when I fixed the Valhalla code, KoLmafia was doing its "post Ascension" code - which includes refreshing Storage and so on - while still in Valhalla, before you actually ascended.

Somebody pointed out the solution over on the main forum thread just this morning.

set lastEmptiedStorage=-1

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I get the feeling that there will be lots of scattered reports like this for the next several months. If mafia could set lastEmptiedStorage=-1 when it sees items in storage (unexpectedly sees them? -1 seems as useful as n - 1), it would fix all cases of this type of thing (at least when mafia is updated to handle any KoL changes that are thrown at it).