Bug - Fixed Load in Web Browser button sometimes opens wrong character in r9050

Ethelred

I usually run 2 characters pretty much all the time. After upgrading to r9050, I started noticing that I was getting the wrong character when I opened the web browser. I open the web browser by clicking the "Load in Web Browser" button (second from the left in the top button row of the Main Interface window). The first couple of times it happened, I chalked it up to just not paying attention to which Main Interface window I had clicked. By about the third time, I started to pay closer attention.

Steps to reproduce:

Login to a character and open the web broswser by clicking in the Main Interface window as above. Do some stuff like open chat and check k-mail messages.

Login to a second character with a new mafia instance and open the web browser as above. There is a strong chance you will get the browser page for the first character. If so, close that page and open again. The second open has always worked correctly for me.

Other System Info

MacOS X v 10.5.4
Firefox 3.6.13
Kolmafia version r9050

holatuwol

Developer
I know what's happening (as a result of some code changes I made, it decides what port to use before it actually starts the server corresponding to the local instance), but I want to refactor the relay browser start-up code a bit first.