Bug - Not A Bug KoLmafia's 100% hit value for Giant's Castle disagrees with the KoL wiki

The KoLwiki says 155. KoLmafia is reporting 140 for this zone. I've only tested Muscle, but I'm assuming this applies to Moxie as well. I have no idea which one's accurate.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
On the individual monster pages, the Alphabet Giant has the highest defense in the zone at 131 (141 * 0.9, rounded up apparently). Add 10 to that (I'm sure a post by RT could be found with that number) gives 141; mafia could be rounding down the multiplication result or something to get 140 instead of 141, but since that linear hit-chance formula is only an approximation anyway I doubt the difference of 1 is at all meaningful.

Regardless, the problem is with the wiki, not with mafia.

Theraze

Most likely, the wiki page you're looking at is using the pre-reduction value, and is 10-11% high... remember that KoL has a semi-hidden 10% reduction (rounded up). 155*.9=139.5, rounded up, becomes mafia's 140.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The Wiki is chock full of bugs, bad data, bad extrapolations on small data sets, bad descids, and so on. That is why I have not used the Wiki as a source of input data for KoLmafia in many years.

Maybe we need a new tag for notes like this - "Bug - Wiki Error" - in green, since it's not something to be resolved here...