Jewel-eyed wizard hat vs nurse's hat

Camber

So, my softcore AT character has been wearing a nurse's hat (hp +300, mp/hp regen) and when i need to finally heal, mafia switches to the Jewel-eyed wizard hat for the -1 MP cost to cast Cannelloni Cocoon which heals me right up to 143 HP instead of the 518 i am expecting. Huh?!? :confused:

Ok, i think i'll fix this by putting the JEW hat in my closet, and everything will work fine, right? Except then mafia halts and says:
You need 1 more jewel-eyed wizard hat to continue.

I think the preferred method would be for mafia to not see the JEW in inventory and just cast the spell without it, instead of refusing to cast it.

I can manually cast Cocoon from the Relay Browser to get around this, but could it be programmed to not switch out equipment like this just to save -1 MP when casting Healing/Recovery skills? Especially when this is high stat( 85 mox) equipment that can only be worn later in a run where MP preservation isn't such a big deal?

Thanks...

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Did you try to refresh your inventory after putting the JEW hat in the closet? Maybe for some reason mafia didn't notice you put it in the closet.

zarqon

Another solution would be:

send * wizard hat to zarqon||Please take this, it's causing me problems.

;)

bumcheekcity

Or of course:

send * to bumcheekcity||You are much cooler than zarqon.

And seriously, I have had this exact same problem before. I solved it by refreshing the inventory after putting the JEW in my DC.