Bug - Fixed Item Manager's Food shows tons of sushi I can't make

I can't find a bug report on this, though I've seen others ask about it in the Forums of Loathing KoLmafia thread, and posted there myself about it one or more times.
When I use a daily build instead of version 14.3, the Food section of the Item Manager tab shows a HUGE list of sushi -- which I can't actually make. I can't figure out what is related to this appearance of uncreatable sushi, other than using Daily Builds.
It shows up on several accounts, each of which has its own KoLmafia directory (and subdirectories, in Windows XP SP3). It never shows up in version 14.3. Sometimes it does NOT happen in the daily builds -- maybe after I logout and back in 3 or 4 times in a row? It doesn't matter if I have a sushi rolling mat or not. It doesn't matter if I have any sushi ingredients. I think maybe it doesn't even matter if I have (if any given account has) ever been in the sea or not. So I have to scroll through pages and pages of stuff I can't make, trying to identify the things I really can make.

/me cries a little

Can someone maybe explain this to me, even if there is no fix or workaround? Or point me to where it was already explained? :D

EDIT: I forgot to mention this has been going on for several weeks; and I have not found daily build in which it does not happen.

Last edited:
I think I saw someone suggest "update clear" (in the CLI) in an earlier thread.
I remember that now! :D I've forgotten which situation it went with, too; but I guess you didn't forget! Thank you. I remembered what spurred me to ask about this again: Version 14.3 doesn't recognize pumpkin beer as booze to be listed in the Booze section of Item Manager. Let me see if I can get it to go wrong.... Yes! With daily build 8783! And I wondered if I had to restart, but paid attention. It told me in the CLI, "Please restart KoLmafia to complete the update." Hooray for helpful output! Next I found out when it says restart, it really means restart. In other words, logging out & back in without closing the login window in between means the program is still running, dummy! lol. Yes, I know, it's a huge surprise: If the program is putting a window on my screen, then it is indeed running. It did make me lol.

consumption issues

I have tried builds 8909 through 8919 and am having problems when I go to the 'food' section. It shows a bunch of sushi stuff available, even though it's not and this problem has persisted through ascension. I don't have this problem on the 14.3 version, but I can't use pumpkin stuff on there, plus it's missing some other functionality.

Sorry if this was posted somewhere else- I can take a screenshot if needed. If it helps, I am on Mac OSX.

Theraze

gothic, could you try an update clear, fully restarting mafia, and seeing if it still happens? That fixed Storella above...