Bug - Not A Bug Item Manager: When refreshing, compare General and Recent for mismatches

Just noticed this now. Would be good if KoLmafia checked the contents of Recent against General in the Item Manager, when doing a refresh, and removed any entries from Recent that have no corresponding match in General, only if the quantity in Recent is positive.

For example: When doing the muscle guild quest, you get an item called 11-inch Knob sausage. This disappears as soon as you show it to the guild. However, KoLmafia still thinks I recently obtained an 11-inch Knob sausage when I do not have one - as scrolling through General confirms.

Not a major bug by any means, but fixing this would solve several other issues related to items as well - instances of items that KoLmafia thinks you have but do not, for example, would clear up with a refresh.

roippi

Developer
Not a major bug by any means, but fixing this would solve several other issues related to items as well - instances of items that KoLmafia thinks you have but do not, for example, would clear up with a refresh.

The recent items list and what mafia thinks is in your inventory are two separate things. Refreshing your inventory always updates the latter.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The Recent list is the "session tally". It is not your Inventory. It is supposed to update to include things you obtain or consume during this session. If you have the option to allow entries in the session tally to go negative, it should show you the net change to your inventory. The session tally is purely cosmetic. It is for the visual convenience of the user. It is not accessible via script. It has nothing whatsoever to do with what KoLmafia thinks is in your inventory right this second. Think about what I said about the option to display negative values, if that is not clear.

If the knob sausage does not disappear from both General and Recent when you visit the guild, that is a bug - and, like all similar failures to update inventory correctly when items come and go via nonstandard means, should be reported as such. The "several other issues" of KoLmafia getting out of synch with inventory are each bugs. Figure out how to reproduce them, report them, and I am sure they will be fixed.

Changing Recent in ... some manner ... when you refresh General would, itself, be a bug. It "fixes" nothing.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I took this to be a bug report about the 11-inch knob sausage (and similarly the exorcised sandwich), and that's fixed in 11496.