Bug In chat, clicking on player name to see store resizes Main Interface to be very large

tragus

OK, this might be a feature. However, it's really unfortunate.

Behavior: In Loathing chat, when a tab in Main Interface, setting option to "Name click shows mall store", actually clicking on a name sizes the entire main interface window to very large proportions (often going below my screen) no matter whether there is a single item or many in the store.

Note the same behavior does NOT happen if "purchases" is a separate window instead of a tab.

Is there a hidden variable that will prevent this behavior?

Build: r8466 running on Windows XP, Java v1.6.0_20-b02

Last edited by a moderator:

suinoq

I'm seeing this problem too, and it's been around for a while. Today I decided to make another go at reporting it, did some searching, and found this thread. Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm currently running mafia 14.1 on various windows XP machines (thumb drive), and this behavior occurs on all of them.

Grotfang

Developer
This is interesting. When I do this, mafia moves around the screen, but does not resize itself.

This is actually a more general bug than is reported here. Whenever we click something that jumps a tab, mafia seems do this. It may be a system thing (I'm also on a Windows box at the moment), but for anyone interested, try moving the mafia window somewhere and then click the Graphical CLI icon (three from the left).