Bug In "A desert stretch of I-911" Boot stomps do not get counted. Area still has issues with appearing not available to mafia.

b bandit

In "A desert stretch of I-911" Boot stomps do not get counted. It is a weird zone, because you get 3 rounds no matter what, and that includes releasing the boots, which generates paste. This is not a bug with regards to Kol, (I reported the behavior a while back) but just a quirk of the zone. Kolmafia does not recognize this. I would like to use my stomping boots in this zone cause I am there every day for reasons, this being one. (Additionally because of the funky mechanics you can cast feel superior each round and get the 3 pvp fights from that in one adventure which is my main reason to go there)

Not recognizing when stomping happens in the zone is an issue for some of what I want to do, and I'm not sure if that is a variable I can even reset manually.

In addition to the stomp tracking issue, adventuring there (or perhaps getting or losing hare-brained?) can also cause the area to appear as not available, when it is still available. I am not sure why exactly, maybe some vestiges of previous changes.

The area is available for as long as the quest is present in the quest pane, and persists over rollovers until 30 turns are spent. This was addressed earlier, but there are still issues when adventuring here multiple times non consecutively, The previous bug report was this: https://kolmafia.us/threads/newer-r...ocation-as-being-available.28366/#post-170781

To be clear on the Boot stomps not being counted, Release the boots can be used in any of the 3 rounds. The stomp message will show up at the text of the round used (including round 1 or 2) and the paste will appear as an item won at the end of the fight (which is always round 3)

In case it helps with the issue of I-911 showing as not available, my script looks like this:
set_auto_attack("hare pvp");
print("My auto attack is:" + get_auto_attack());
adv1($location[A Deserted Stretch of I-911], -1, "");
set_auto_attack(0);
print("My auto attack is:" + get_auto_attack());
cli_execute("shrug Hare-Brained");

And when things go wrong the output looks like this:

Setting auto-attack to Combat Macro (hare pvp).

My auto attack is:99189264

That area is not available.

Stack trace:
at main (aPVPscript.ash:60)

Again, the problem happens after adventuring in the zone earlier in the day then running the script.
If I adventure in the zone manually, and get hare-brained it will fix the problem. Not sure if that is due to adventuring in the zone, or getting hare-brained again.

Last edited: