How does everyone clean up inventory these days?

philmasterplus

I'm returning after a very long hiatus. Back when I was playing, I wrote my own ASH scripts for inventory cleanup, but I don't have them anymore. Besides, both the game and kolmafia have evolved a lot, and I forgot everything about ASH.

So how does everyone do aftercore inventory cleanup these days? It looks like several scripts I used back in the day (e.g. OCD control, PriceAdvisor) are no longer actively maintained, and I'm cautious to use a broken script. I accidentally destroyed a Brimstone item in the past and I don't want to repeat that mistake. Any pointers would be welcome.

Note: My cleanup needs are:

• Automatically use wallet-like items (e.g. ancient vinyl coin purse)
  • Autosell junk that no player ever buys (NPC items, chewing gum items, crappy booze, etc.)
  • Mallsell valuable items (clovers, leftover inhalers, etc.)
  • Check if a junk equipment is better worth when smashed and send them to wadbot (or whatever smashing bot people use these days)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I am still using Bale's OCD in spite of Bale's absence. I have not had the unfortunate experience of losing anything valuable but that could be because I never had anything valuable or I did, but didn't notice when it was gone :)

I use my ManageStore which will pull and autosell things that are unlikely to sell and autosell or smash them.

I am a Display Case compulsive so my item flow is to put things in the DC.

Periodically I pull things from the DC if there aren't enough to get me on a leaderboard.
I then run ManageStore on my store.
I then pull anything remaining in the store since it is easier to have OCD reprice them than create some other means.
I then run OCD.

There are some inefficiencies - I was never happy my attempts to coordinate between ManageStore and OCD so ManageStore will autosell something but if there are any in inventory, OCD will put them in the store. You could fiddle with OCD but that corsses my laziness threshold.

philmasterplus

Thanks. Bale's OCD seems to work nicely for me, too. Though setting it up took very long.

I also wish I could make multiple profiles for the OCD script. One for daily clean up, and another for pre-ascension cleanup.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Thanks. Bale's OCD seems to work nicely for me, too. Though setting it up took very long.

I also wish I could make multiple profiles for the OCD script. One for daily clean up, and another for pre-ascension cleanup.

My solution was to not obsess about Daily Clean up. :)

I have a list of things I want in my inventory. I have a script that dumps everything else to my Display Case. I do run that daily. That works for me because if it is not collectible enough it will be pulled eventually and OCD can deal with it.

theo1001

You kind of can. On the configure script tab of the relay script, there is an option for choosing data file. You could have 2 of them and switch between them whenever necessary.

philmasterplus

Ohhh...though it sounds cumbersome. Currently I'm taking fronobulax's advice of "don't clean up until ascension". I also added some junk I find obnoxious in the KoLmafia junk list.