Help with the kolmafia program

Sazi

I have Java 17 installed and whenever I launched it my mouse does the loading thing for a few seconds and it never launches after.

Sazi

None I've already went thru a lot of steps with Fronobulax. I don't get anything no sub folders or anything and i'm launching the latest Jar.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Some people having problems like this have found that they had an older JRE (like 1.8) on their system and JDK 17 and JRE 1.8 caused failures.

Others have used the experimental bundled version from GitHub, which incudes a packaged JRE. It's 3x the size of the JAR version, but it can be a useful way of running the program if you're running into issues like you're describing.

Sazi

Okay thanks it worked you just need to run the shortcut it makes as a admin and add a expection to windows defender for the false virus

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Thanks. Replying to this was supposed to do the first thing I did today. Guess what didn't happen?

I did have a dream in which the problem was that the Windows association between a jar file and the "correct" version of Java had not been made but if there is a solution then I'm good.