Help with extracting a portion of a string

Theraze

If I remember properly, adv1 will still abort if you haven't met conditions, so you can do the same !adv1 if you'd like. The 2nd variable, I believe, is an override for how many adventures it cost... so it's not really 0, it's still 1. But if you get it wrong, mafia will scrape it from the next adventure anyways.

But that's just my interpretation. It's possible I'm off and there's something else going on. :)

ereinion

The second variable will
turnsUsed overrides the normal number of adventures that are expected to be consumed at this location, or -1 can be passed to use the default. Specifically, 0 will prevent any counters from triggering - of course, if an adventure actually is consumed, any counters that you kept from triggering will be lost.
Which is why I believed it would work for retrieving the SR.

Theraze

All that means is that, if you have a CounterChecker script, it won't fire. It doesn't mean that conditions not being met are suddenly going to be ignored...

Counters lost, not conditions lost.

ereinion

Yeah, but I don't want to lose my conditions, just to get my semi-rare (i.e. condition != SR), and the script stops because my fortune cookie counter is up (without getting the semi-rare) when trying to get it. As far as I can tell it should ignore that counter when I pass it 0 as the second argument?

Last edited:

Theraze

Do you have a counterScript? That's what you need to avoid the aborting on semirares...

The !adv1 or !adventure just means that it won't abort for unsatisfied conditions. The ! is irrelevant to counters. :)

It's possible that adv1 with 0 as the second might get you past the semirare abort check, but you'd still need to do it with ! if you have conditions.