Bug Haiku State of Mind messes up spooky putty monster tracking

rlbond86

I got Haiku state of mind from my hookah and used my spooky putty on a mime. Then KoLmafia did not detect that I had a spooky putty monster, even after visiting my inventory.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Obtain Haiku State of Mind
2. While you have the effect, use the spooky putty sheet on a monster.
3. Type "ash item_amount($item[spooky putty monster])". It should return 1, but it returns 0.

I don't think this is specific to the spooky putty. Perhaps when an effect like haiku state of mind, or the groose effect, are present, mafia might want to refresh some data from time to time?

Perhaps when an effect like haiku state of mind, or the groose effect, are present, mafia might want to refresh some data from time to time?
I'm quite sure that we don't want to insert periodic inventory refreshes or what have you.

Let's see the debug log for getting a spooky putty monster when under the effect of haiku or anapests. If I had to guess, it is giving you a normal "You acquire" sort of message, but since we parse haiku or anapests specially, we don't expect to see that. A debug log is the only way to see what happened.

Actually it's very difficult to parse successful use of these items under Haiku State of Mind.

ie.

Leaping to action,
you do some stuff with a thing.
It's a lot of fun.

You use an item
to some inscrutable end.
Hope that worked for you.

There's no indication what type of item is being used other than the image next to the message, but that doesn't indicate if using the item was successful.

If this gets approved, I can write some special case handling where if a non-standard putty/blackbox usage message appears we can make an educated guess as to whether or not the item was used successfully based on how many copies we've made on the day and if the monster is copyable.

It wouldn't be perfect (for example, a new monster that isn't copyable but hasn't been spaded as such yet), but I'd say it will make the correct assumption 95% of the time, which is probably better than what it's doing at the moment.

Back