Bug - Fixed Go-Wassail booze getting stuck in the Enqueue list.

Ferdawoon

Had this bug today (r10169). Thought about putting it in the Advent 2011 thread but I figured that the thread was mostly about new features so making a new thread. Skimmed the last couple of pages of it to see if it was mentioned though.

I logged on to Mafia, went to the Item manager (which I have as a tab), went to Usable -> Booze and thought I'd give the new Crimbo booze Go-Wassail a shot. I queued up the booze I could get from my freshly harvested Peppermint sprouts and then went to the "Go-Wassail (50 crimbo credits, 30 possible, 30 current). I clicked Enqueue, Mafia said I could only use 13, as it should because then I am capped at 19/19. I clicked OK. Mafia worked for a millisecond and then the charpane to the left turned green. No Go-Wassail in the queue tho..

I tried Undo, at which point they appeared after the peppermint booze was removed from the queue and spamming Undo did not remove them from the queue. Logging off and logging back on did not remove them from the queue. Had to exit mafia completly and restart.
Now, I enqueued again and checked the tab Resources Used, which show that I need 2 peppermint sprouts and 13 Go-Wassail. If I click Undo again, the same thing happen, but the peppermint is removed from the Resources Needed tab, and left is "Go-Wassail (no-sell) 13". Again, spamming Undo do nothing.
I try to enqueue something else, and Mafia suggest a set number, which would add up to 19/19 Drunkeness assuming I have the 13 Go-Wassail already in the queue.

I then give up and simply click Consume to see if I can at least drink what I have in the queue, with only Go-Wassail there. Nothing happens. If I enqueue a Peppermint sprout booze and click Consume, the peppermint booze is consumed, but not the Go-Wassail.

At this point, I create this thread, restart Mafia, and see if I can try the new booze tomorrow instead ;)

EDIT: The same seem to happen with the Crimbo food Jerky Coins. Not tried everything I did with the booze, but it dont show up in the queue, until I click Undo.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The thing you neglected to mention in your bug report was that after you clicked the "Enqueue" button, KoLmafia reported "Unexpected error, debug log printed" and the following stack trace was generated:

Code:
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.objectpool.Concoction.queue(Concoction.java:556)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.objectpool.Concoction.queue(Concoction.java:468)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.ConcoctionDatabase.push(ConcoctionDatabase.java:718)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.ItemManagePanel.getDesiredItems(ItemManagePanel.java:445)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.ItemManagePanel.getDesiredItems(ItemManagePanel.java:385)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.UseItemEnqueuePanel$EnqueueListener.execute(UseItemEnqueuePanel.java:216)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.listener.ThreadedListener.run(ThreadedListener.java:214)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread$ThreadWrappedRunnable.run(RequestThread.java:263)

I'll look at it.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Here is the debug log I get when I try to enqueue a go-wassail:
Code:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
         KoLmafia v14.8 r10170, Windows XP, Java 1.6.0_24
 Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread. If you
 would like the dev team to look at it, please write a bug report
 at kolmafia.us. Include specific information about what you were 
 doing when you made this and include the log as an attachment.
 Timestamp: Mon Dec 26 18:21:42 CET 2011

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.objectpool.Concoction.queue(Concoction.java:556)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.objectpool.Concoction.queue(Concoction.java:468)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.ConcoctionDatabase.push(ConcoctionDatabase.java:718)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.ItemManagePanel.getDesiredItems(ItemManagePanel.java:445)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.ItemManagePanel.getDesiredItems(ItemManagePanel.java:385)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.UseItemEnqueuePanel$EnqueueListener.execute(UseItemEnqueuePanel.java:216)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.listener.ThreadedListener.run(ThreadedListener.java:214)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread$ThreadWrappedRunnable.run(RequestThread.java:263)
autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters is true, but I get the same debug log when it is false.

EDIT: ninja'd.

Ferdawoon

Ehhm, indeed :eek:
I knew I had missed something. Was too focused on the Item Manager to notice the debug notification!

Merry Christmas / Crimbo btw! Cheers for working holidays for us ;)