Bug - Not A Bug "Encountered Lag Problems" in zombie

rlbond86

I've had problems with skills failing to cast in zombie. The relay browser just shows a blank page and the spell is not cast. The CLI shows

Code:
> cast 1 Disquiet Riot

Casting Disquiet Riot 1 times...
Loading character status...
Encountered lag problems.

I think it might have something to do with the skills "Lure Minions," "Summon Minion," and "Summon Horde," which all use a webpage to cast. I can't seem to figure out any way to reliably reproduce the error, but it happens to me multiple times a day.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You cast one of those earlier, and after you got the desired effect you clicked away without clicking the "I'm done" button. This breaks things next time you try to cast something that uses a choice adventure. This is a KoL bug. Visit the main page to fix things up.

I use mafia for Summon Minion and Summon Horde (since I added support for those), and a script for Lure Minions (since I don't want to add mafia support for that, with the extra parameter that's needed compared to a normal "cast" call).

Crowther

You cast one of those earlier, and after you got the desired effect you clicked away without clicking the "I'm done" button. This breaks things next time you try to cast something that uses a choice adventure. This is a KoL bug. Visit the main page to fix things up.
Yeah, a KoL bug. I spent a long time very confused by it. I never found out you could just click "main". I had to remember which skill I last used, recast that and quit properly, then I could use another skill.