Eldritch Incursions

digitrev

So you want to kill some tentacles. In that case, just install
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/digitrev/code/EldritchIncursions
and run
Code:
EldritchIncursions n
where n is the number of turns you'd like to burn.

• Things this script does:
  • Try to keep your HP & MP up using your settings and recovery script
  • Try to manually fire your pre & post adventure scripts
  • Loop through the known 8 Eldritch Incursion sites
    • Nearby Plains
    • Desert Beach
    • Spookyraven Manor
    • Seaside Town
    • Big Mountains
    • Mt. McLargeHuge
    • The Market
    • Forest Village
  • Probably waste server hits looking for these sites even when they don't exist

Last edited:

Theraze

Alternatively, and now built into current mafia and without wasting server hits:
adventure n eldritch fissure

Bullson

Forgive me if this is already asked somewhere else but are there plans to automate the daily "Can I fight that tentacle you saved for science?" at Dr. Gordon Stuart's tent?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Forgive me if this is already asked somewhere else but are there plans to automate the daily "Can I fight that tentacle you saved for science?" at Dr. Gordon Stuart's tent?

There's also a suggestion to add it to the Daily Deeds Free Fights. I would like to get a chance to look but the list of chances I have not gotten grows steadily longer as things get added and nothing gets removed.

General_Herpes

Anyone have some CLI or ASH commands to handle the 'fight that tentacle you saved for science'? I'd like to automate this when I logon.

Theraze

Easier:
Code:
alias fighttentacles => ashq import <VeracityMeatFarm.ash> fight_eldritch_tentacles = TRUE; fight_eldritch_tentacles();

Harder:
Extract all of the bits and pieces to sort out how to make it function. Put that into an alias. Run the alias. Figure out you left out an important line. Try to troubleshoot it. Ask for help. Get help. Update your alias. Run the alias. Find the next missing line. Repeat until frustrated. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Easier:
Code:
alias fighttentacles => ashq import <VeracityMeatFarm.ash> fight_eldritch_tentacles = TRUE; fight_eldritch_tentacles();

Harder:
Extract all of the bits and pieces to sort out how to make it function. Put that into an alias. Run the alias. Figure out you left out an important line. Try to troubleshoot it. Ask for help. Get help. Update your alias. Run the alias. Find the next missing line. Repeat until frustrated. :)

Minor nit - the alias as written requires an outfit named "Item Drop" and switches to it so depending upon how this is scripted/used some kind of outfit management may be desired.

Also easy

Code:
if ( !get_property("_eldritchTentacleFought").to_boolean() )
{
	visit_url("place.php?whichplace=forestvillage&action=fv_scientist");
	run_choice(1);
}

Probably stolen from someone, somewhere, but I have no idea who, so eh, credit to Someone. ;)