Feature DING! Fries are done (autoadventure)

linguinelad

I have a suggestion for a future revision. What if kolmafia could be set to go DING! (could be possibly customizable to different sounds, or if your volume is turned down, it "shakes" the screen) when you are done auto adventuring? I found many a time I set kolmafia to autoadventure in a zone, then I go look at some other webpages, lose track of time and noticed that kolmafia finished hours ago.

Rinn

Developer
Putting growl in mafia would be pretty cool. growl is fluff but pretty nice because you can just fire off messages and let the external growl app handle them if it's installed.

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
There's also a growl client for windows, but all the internal implementation is the same. Dunno about unix support. The cool thing with growl is you can have the client redirect to all kinds of things like emails or iphone apps besides the standard taskbar notifications. I actually have my scheduled task run a command line version of growl when it finishes so I get a message on my iphone through Boxcar when my kol automation is done. It's pretty hedonistic.

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
Implementing something sufficiently cross-platform is going to be tough. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is giving CLI access to the taskbar-flashy function* that gets called whenever you have new mail.

*technical term.

xKiv

KoLmafia already has setting for which browser to execute (for relay browser), which just points to the executable.
You could do something similar with this.