Feature - Implemented Detect when beach is available

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just added Uncle P's antiques to the NPC store database. I wanted to make it available only if you'd opened the beach, but there doesn't seem to be code to support that, yet.

The Desert zones and stores are available if you have one of three Quest items in inventory:

- bitchin' Meat car
- Desert Bus pass
- pumpkin carriage

That's it; they are all quest items, and no more untinkering your Meat car, so simple presence of one or another suffices.

Things you can do if and only if you have such access:

- Shore trips
- Shop at Uncle P's and the Gno-mart
- Adventure South of the Border and in the Thugnderdome
- Set the Annoy-o-tron

Bale

Minion
The Desert zones and stores are available if you have one of three Quest items in inventory:

- bitchin' Meat car
- Desert Bus pass
- pumpkin carriage

That is only mostly true.

I have an old character that hasn't ascended in a long time. That character untinkered its meatcar when such a thing was possible. Despite not having any of those items the character can access the beach. I forget which script broke for that character, but it can be fixed by adding a check for get_property("questG01Meatcar") == "finished".

Code:
if(item_amount($item[bitchin' meatcar]) + item_amount($item[desert bus pass]) + item_amount($item[pumpkin carriage]) > 0 || get_property("questG01Meatcar") == "finished")
   print("You can access the beach.");

Bale

Minion
You may be correct. I just wanted to point out that the case does exist and mafia will break in that instance. I suppose that account could make a new meatcar to fix compatibility with mafia if necessary.