Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 9.0.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Not sure best place to discuss.

When I build locally I get the above message at the end of the build. I don't recall how long I have been getting it because I usually build from a batch file the closes the command window so I have to be watching closely to see it. Is this something other folks are seeing or is it an artifact of my batch file on Windows? If it is not just me is anyone looking at Gradle 9 and what we might need to change?

Thanks.

Same on linux, always.

$ ./gradlew --warning-mode all
Starting a Gradle Daemon (subsequent builds will be faster)

> Configure project :
The CopyProcessingSpec.setFileMode(Integer) method has been deprecated. This is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 9.0. Please use the filePermissions(Action) method instead. Consult the upgrading guide for further information: https://docs.gradle.org/8.8/userguide/upgrading_version_8.html#unix_file_permissions_deprecated

That's the only one it's telling me.
Doesn't even say where, and there doesn't seem to be anything about setFileMode in the source, so probably an outdated plugin?

Doesn't even say where, and there doesn't seem to be anything about setFileMode in the source, so probably an outdated plugin?
Looks like the shadow plugin.

I have the update. Just tried spotless apply and got

> Task :spotlessGroovyGradle
Missing required bundle org.eclipse.jdt.debug needed by [org.eclipse.jdt.launching]
Recommend setting osgi.configuration.area to a directory, getDataFile will return null
Starting Groovy-Eclipse compiler resolver. Specified compiler level: unspecified
124 org.codehaus.groovy_5.0.0.v202309291934-e2309 RESOLVED

Doesn't seem to prevent anything but...

I saw that too. It's probably related to at least one of the dependencies I bumped.

When I tried upgrading spotless, that yielded some actual diffs, so I held off for the time being. I'll look into it some more.

I see the same error on r28030 (i.e. before my dependency bump). It seems nominally benign, although I believe it's tied to the greclipse() line in the spotless stanza.

I see the same error on r28030 (i.e. before my dependency bump). It seems nominally benign, although I believe it's tied to the greclipse() line in the spotless stanza.

I don't recall seeing it before but then I probably had not run spotless in several weeks. Finally got the IDE to format correctly :-) and not comitting anything.

Back